Monday, March 1, 2010

...:::girl NEXT door:::....


Devan Mayfield is an up and coming model who is taking the modeling world by storm. Devan's high cheek bones and pouty lips gives her that edge above all other models in the industry. She was recently featured on LATEBOOTS.COM where she hooked up with, one of my personal inspirations, Marquis Phifer and did some work under him. Jupiter was fortunate enough to have Devan walk in our first ever Jupiter fashion show which introduced our line and our brand. We sat down with Devan and asked her a few questions and this how it went:

Q: WHEN DID YOU BEGIN MODELING?


A: I began modeling as a pre-teen off & on, but now at the age of 20, i'm finally ready to really take off with my career!

Q: WHAT MODELS DO YOU LOOK UP TO AS A GREAT ROLE MODEL?

A: I've always loved Kimora Lee Simmons because of her hustle. But I really admire Janice Dickinson because she was the first actual SUPERmodel!

Q: HOW HAS MODELING CHANGED YOUR LIFE?

A: Modeling brought out another side of me. At the end of the day, its acting! I've learned a lot about myself and experienced other sides that i never knew i had! Also, modeling made me realize that you can do whatever you want to do! You dont have to just go to college, graduate, and become a doctor or lawyer! It's taught me to do what i love and what makes me happy!

Q: IF YOU WERE NOT MODELING WHAT CAREER WOULD YOU SEE YOURSELF DOING?

A: I honestly can't see myself doing anything other than modeling. That's all i've dreamed of as a child! I'm currently a student also, and i plan on getting a dual degree in business and health. So if i wasn't modeling, i'd be handling business and educating people on nutrient and how to live healthy lifestyles!

Q:WHAT IS THE MOST EXCITING THING ABOUT MODELING?

A: The most exciting thing about modeling is traveling! You can learn so much about the world! Another exciting thing is just fashion, period!

Q: SCENARIO: YOU'RE ON SET, YOU FEEL HORRIBLE, BUT ONCE THE CAMERA IS UP YOU HIT EVERY POSE AND EVERYTHING RIGHT, WHAT GIVES YOU MOTIVATION TO KEEP GOING?

A: Honestly, my aunt is my motivation! She passed away in 2008. She always believed in me and rooted for me! I know she's watching over me and wants me to keep pushing! She is very proud of what i'm accomplishing!

Q: WHERE DO YOU SEE YOURSELF IN 5 YEARS?

A: In 5 years, I will be very successful International Supermodel!

 
  
  
  
  
 

0 comments: